CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday 19 March 2011

What's the story, morning glory?


Yeah, as the title (and the poster above probably) might have given it away, I'm going to write about this fluff-type of movie. I don't really know how to classify this movie, it's not a romantic comedy really.. it's not really a chick flick, coz they're not really in high school talking about hot boys.. oh well, whatever the category it falls under, I just want to say, I loved it! It goes well with my 'I have a dream' phase I'm having right now (although I don't really know what exactly that dream is yet.. I'm just determined to be something - refer previous post).

The movie is about Becky (Rachel McAdams) who plays the role of an exec producer of a morning talk show that's on the verge of being shut down. She works her ass off because she's so determined to prove herself and she's confident in carrying herself, especially because she knows who she is and what she wants. I think I love it so because I envy her confidence. I envy her sense of direction in life. She's 28 and single because her work is all of her. And she doesn't sit around to mope about it. Because she doesn't have the freaking time. and I totally love that! The fact that women don't have to feel bad about wanting a career and working hard for it. Anyways, when I finished watching, it left me smiling to myself for a good 10mins..

I'm not saying I don't like romance. I'm just against the notion of a gender biasness in ambition. If men are allowed to make a career for themselves for their self worth, why can't women? Because some women don't equate their worth by how many children they have or how much they live off of a man. So what be of those women then?  

No comments:

Post a Comment