CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday 3 April 2011

Life is cruel. And life is unfair. Let's face it, that is nothing new. The older you are, the more curve balls life throws at you. The more cracked/broken the tinted glass you used to view life with when you were little. This isn't a rant about how my life sucks, because it doesn't, not by my standards. I mean, I could be doing a lot worse than I am now, so I am thankful.

But you know what's funny? People. People are funny. When we meet people, all guarded, they complain we're too distant and fake. When we put our guard down and finally decide to let people in, like IN in, they decide it's not for them, so they leave. Or they don't leave but replace us and expect us to leave instead. So then, with a shrug, we do. Because, we don't have time to sit there and wallow in self pity at how we've been 'victimised'. And at the end of the day, we're left with this "I knew it!" smile on our faces and we move on, more guarded than before. So the cycle continues..... again.. and again. And all the tree hugging hippies who swear by optimism  look at us and wonder how we've become such skeptics..

I would like to take this moment to say to all my friends, my real friends, not acquaintances, not fake superficial friends, that I love you. And I thank you. For staying as a real friend throughout these years. It's because of people like yourselves that I still possess some form of optimism and compassion, and not a completely soulless shell of a person.

2 comments:

  1. i'm probably the most depressing tree-hugging hippie u'll meet...that's y i'm one of a kind.
    Love you too ili, should that last paragraph include me. Though we haven't spoken in a while, you know what i'm going through and it'll take time before i can meet u again. Just know that you're always in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ofcourse it includes you! Yeah, we haven't spoken in ages but I do hope that given time, we can be in each other's company again. There're too few of you people who really know me for who I really am.. Take care Dima!

    ReplyDelete